Given our rapid expansion, Fidelis is looking to expand its Cabling Services Team with hiring a Low Voltage Cabling Technician to work from our Tukwila office.
Compensation: TBD (based on experience).
Department: Cabling Services Team
Description: Immediate opening for an experienced Low Voltage Cabling Technician. Minimum 3 years’ experience pulling and terminating low voltage copper, coax and fiber optic cabling for voice, data and wireless networks required.
- Cabling installation in new or existing buildings.
- Termination and testing of cabling — copper, coax and fiber.
- Troubleshooting and solving problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Must be willing to learn new skills with the ability to follow written procedures and verbal direction.
- Good communications skills.
PLEASE SEND Brad McPherson, MANAGER Cabling Services Group, A COPY OF YOUR LATEST RESUME AT [email protected].
Desired Experience and Knowledge
- General cable knowledge (Cat 5E/Cat 6/RG59/RG6/fiber optic and security cables).
- Knowledge of telecom color code.
- Read general system layouts from blueprints.
- Knows how to punch jacks down to applicable standards.
- Effective verbal and written English communication.
- Proficiency with power hand tools and can work a lift.
- BICSI and/or manufacturers’ installer or technician certifications a plus.
- Must be able to multi-task and deal with problems in a timely manner. Prioritize problems as they arise .
- Able to lift/move objects up to 75 pounds.
- Able to carry and work on different size ladders.
- Utilize punch down tools and perform work involving repetitive motion.
- Go up and down stairs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check and provide two professional references.
Finally, Why you’ll love us!
We’re a fun place to work and we value our employees. We are looking for someone who is a good fit for our hard-working, ambitious, customer-driven team. If that sounds good to you, please submit a cover letter and resume.